My husband and I do this thing where we give ourselves an allowance every month. Recently, I received a pretty nice bonus, so I’ve been thinking about what all I want to buy.
My general go-to has been makeup and clothing for the past few years, but I find myself getting bored with this. As I’ve gotten older, I’m becoming more interested in skincare because I want to continue looking young. (Call it narcissism if you’d like, but I do have a genuine fear of aging).
Additionally, I’ve been wanting to buy books… Which is kind of weird because I have a Kindle which is basically a library that fits in my purse, but since getting interested in bookbinding and vintage books, they’ve been hard to resist.
Anyway, since it will be easiest, I’ll make a list of the things that are on my wishlist
1. DEAD SEA MUD MASK: I was lurking on Amazon, and was curious about what the best selling skincare item was, when I happened upon this:
It’s dirt cheap (haha! See what I did there?!), has a ton of reviews and a very good rating. Chances are that I will be buying this product soon.
2. THAYERS ALCOHOL FREE WITCH HAZEL: Here’s another skincare item i’m interested in:
Like the mud mask, this product also is inexpensive, has a bunch of reviews, and a high rating.
3. KATIE DAISY BOOK – HOW TO BE A WILDFLOWER FIELD GUIDE: I had a calendar by this artist last year, which I loved, and now she has a book out that’s right up my alley! It’s just the cutest, prettiest thing ever. (^ ^)
4. KATIE DAISY COLORING BOOK: Same artist as #3, except she has a coloring book coming out. If I was any more excited about it, I would be crying! I love coloring books, and to find out that one of my favorite artists is making one made me very happy!
I would post a link, but nothing too official is out yet except for this:
5. THE MAN WHO MISTOOK HIS WIFE FOR A HAT – BY OLIVER SACKS: This one I may just get on the Kindle. I heard so much about Mr. Sacks on some podcasts I’m listening to. He was a very intelligent and fascinating human being. This book by him seems particularly interesting.
6. VOYNICH MANUSCRIPT PHOTOGRAPHIC EDITION: I love puzzles. And I love books. And I love history. And I love mysteries. Whether this ancient book was created as a hoax, or whether it actually does contain it’s own mysterious language doesn’t matter that much to be. A lot of work went into it, and the images are fascinating. I’d love to have this book just to study and speculate. 🙂
7. CODEX SERAPHINIANUS: Another surreal art filled book, but this one’s much more recent.
8. SHADOWSCAPES COLORING BOOK: Another coloring book I can’t wait to get my hands on by another of my favorite artists! She also made a Tarot card deck by the same name, which I have already.
9. ADJUSTABLE BLOCK WEIGHTS: Since I’m a generally antisocial person, I like to work out at home a lot. These space saving weights have been on my wish list for a while. I wish they weren’t so expensive but I might just need to suck it up and buy them, because I would get a lot of use out of them.
10. POKEMON MOON DS GAME: It’s not out yet, but… I can’t wait!!!
11. A PRETTY TATTOO: Last but not least. I’m not sure when/if I’ll ever get it, because I’d have to travel out if state to get it, but – I would love to have a tattoo by this artist named Alice Carrier! Her work is so unique and pretty, but classic at the same time.
I’ve been wanting to visit Portland, Oregon. If I do go, I’ll make sure to schedule the trip with the tattoo appointment! 😉 Here is the artist’s website:
Anyway, that’s what’s on my wish list right now. What’s on yours?